This week has been full of snow, rain and wind around my area and according to what I've been reading on Twitter, you ladies have been experiencing some less than stellar weather as well. So I thought I would take this opportunity to share my cold weather essentials. Keep in mind I'm a born and bred west-coast girl, so my idea of freezing cold is about -2 degrees celsius.
1. Lately I have been wearing my faux leather jacket quite a bit because it keeps me dry and it can be layered nicely. Plus, it adds some street cred to all of my scarves and mittens :)
2. In my opinion, stripes make even the dreariest of days bright. I love this yellow stripe too since it's a welcome addition to my drawer full of blue and white. Plus, how cool would the sleeves look rolled up over the jacket?
3. Cozy circle scarves reign supreme in my wardrobe and this creme colored edition would be great with the other pops of color here.
4. J.crew always gets it right and these spectacles would make you look incredibly chic even while you are slipping and sliding on the ice.
5. High-waisted khaki pants give this outfit a bit of men's wear charm.
6. Dainty bow earrings with teensy pearls would look so pretty with your hair loosely curled or pinned up into a french chignon.
7. Nothing is more glamorous or lovely than a swipe of red lipstick and NARS heat wave is pretty much on everyone's favorite list right now.
8. These wedge booties are a mix of all of the things I love in footwear: utilitarian, chic and a little bit of borrowed from the boys cool.
9. Cozy socks to keep your feet warm when you're schlepping it through the slush. Plus, they'd look amazing scrunched above the booties.
What are your ladies' cold weather essentials? Please, share your tips with me! :)