Last week I was in one of my productive and inspired moods, and when I get in those glorious states, I also want to cook all sorts of healthy and delicious meals. I took a walk to the grocery store and picked up food and snacks for the week. Normally I always have tomato sauce on hand to have with my pasta, but as I was browsing the market in my neighborhood, I came across the selection of pesto and decided to switch things up. This was a welcome discovery and made for a simple and delicious meal. Read on for the super easy directions on how to put this yummy meal together in a flash!
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of whole grain pasta
- 4 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- Selection of your favorite fruit and vegetables
Here's what to do:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add a pinch of salt.
2. Throw in your pasta and cook until it reaches the tenderness you like best (I usually cook mine for around 13-15 minutes).
3. Chop up your fruit and vegetables while the pasta is cooking.
4. When pasta is tender, drain water using a strainer.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of pesto per cup of pasta, toss to coat.
6. Spoon your pasta onto the plate and add fruits and vegetables on the side.
Et voila! A delicious and easy meal! No more unwanted take-out when you're in a rush!
What are your favorite speedy meals? Any recipes you'd like to share?