Happy February, friends! January sure did fly by, hey? I thought to celebrate the beginning of a love-filled month, I would round-up my favorite Valentine's Day cards for all of the loves of your life. Above are my selections for that special someone, and down below there is a set for all of the other people who make your world go 'round.
1. Have you all seen the Friends episode where Phoebe exclaims that Ross is in fact Rachel's lobster? It's one of my favorites and I love this quirky tribute to one of my favorite shows.
2. This You & Me card is beautifully illustrated and comes from the studio of one of my new favorite paper geniuses, Quill & Fox and is such a sweet sentiment. Who doesn't want to stay under a pretty, scalloped umbrella with their love? :)
3. I gave this card to my boyfriend for Christmas and I think it's such a perfect design. Not only is it much less fluffy than your average V-day card, but it's also beautifully foil stamped for those of us who have special people that are just as design obsessed as us.
4. Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co—who also makes the Salt & Pepper card—created this sweet new gem, and it's topping my list of possible cards to give this year. It reminds me of Max Wanger's photography style, and especially the beautiful shoot he did for Joanna Goddard's engagement. Plus, the pink envelope is just too pretty.
The other side of Valentine's Day that I love is that it urges you to show everyone you care about in your life why they are important to you. Remember in elementary school when we all gave valentine's to the whole class? I wouldn't mind starting a grown-up version of that, and giving pretty cards that I love to all of my people. Here are the cards for friends and family that would make for sweet V-day sentiments.
1. Why not tell your favorite people just how awesome you think they are? This has always been one of my favorite sayings, and the fact that Anna made it into a card just makes me adore her that much more.
2. This would be a fun card to give to family and friends, and would serve as a healthy reminder in their house after all of the heart shaped candy has been long eaten.
3. Sugar Paper LA makes products that really focus on the details—the scallops, spotted lining, and stunning hand-lettered message—which makes their stationary really jump out at you. This one would be a great choice for anyone on your list.
4. I love the slightly retro style of this one—doesn't it kind of resemble the valentines you'd craft for your friends when you were a little girl? I think it's super sweet, plus coloured envelopes get me every time.
Do you love picking out pretty cards as much as I do? I could spend hours in a stationary store perusing the racks for beautiful picks! Which one of these would you like to give your friends, family, or love?